Pineapple Upside Down Cupcakes
- 1 can (20 oz) sliced pineapple, drained, juice reserved
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 12 maraschino cherries, cut in half
- Heat oven to 350°. Spray 24 regular-size muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Cut each pineapple slice into 4 pieces; set aside.
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, oil, eggs and reserved pineapple juice with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
- In small bowl, stir together melted butter and brown sugar.
- Spoon 1 1/2 teaspoons butter mixture into each muffin cup.
- Top each with 2 pineapple pieces.
- Place cherry half, cut side up, in center of pineapple pieces.
- Spoon 1/4 cup batter into each cup.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes.
- Run knife around edge of cupcakes to loosen; invert onto cookie sheet.
- Serve warm.
You Might also Like