- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 pound leeks, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 quarts water
- 3 large potatoes, chopped
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/3 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 pound fresh spinach
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat. Stir in the leeks and onion, and cook until tender.
- Pour water into the pot. Mix in potatoes, carrots, asparagus, and rice. Season with salt. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes, until vegetables and rice are tender.
- Stir spinach and heavy cream into the soup mixture, and continue cooking about 5 minutes before serving.
You Might also Like