- 3 -1 lb pkgs linguine
- 1 Tbs extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb peeled and de-veined large shrimp
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbs Cajun seasoning
- 2 Tbs butter
- 2 Tbs all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta until al dente. Drain, reserving 1 cup pasta water, and return to pot.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, heat olive oil. Add shrimp and season with salt and pepper and cajun seasoning. Cook until pink, 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
- Wipe out skillet and add butter.
- Once melted, stir in flour and whisk until golden, 1 minute.
- Add heavy cream and whisk until creamy, then add Parmesan and 1/2 cup pasta water. Whisk until creamy. Season with salt and pepper.
- Return pasta to skillet and toss until creamy, then add shrimp and parsley and toss until combined.
- Garnish with Parmesan and serve.
You Might also Like