- 4 heads fresh broccoli, chopped
- 1½ cups shredded American cheese
- 1 (10.75 oz) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground black pepper
- 3 Tbs butter
- 2 cups crushed, seasoned croutons
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bring a pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook broccoli in the boiling water for 1 minute. Drain, and set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, mix the cheese, cream of mushroom soup, salt, and pepper. Stir until cheese is melted. Add the broccoli, stirring to coat. Transfer the mixture to a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- In a separate saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Mix in the croutons, and sprinkle over the broccoli mixture.
- Bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until the topping is browned and broccoli is tender.