- 1 Tbs oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small sweet red pepper
- 3 scallions, trimmed & thinly sliced
- 2 Tbs finely chopped ginger (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3 Tbs light soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 12 Boston lettuce leaves, rinsed & patted dry
- 1 cucumber, peeled & sliced thin
- 1 bunch of cilantro, rinsed & dried, chopped
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium high heat. Crumble the beef and cook for 5-6 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Add sweet pepper, scallion, ginger, garlic, pepper flakes, & sugar. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Turn off the heat; stir in the soy sauce & sesame oil.
- To serve, put lettuce, cucumber, & cilantro on a platter.
- Place ¼ c beef mixture into a piece of lettuce, top with cucumber, cilantro. Squeeze lime and roll up.