- 1 can red kidney beans
- 1 can yellow wax beans
- 1 can white kidney or navy beans
- 1 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 cup corn
- 1-2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1 small red, orange, or yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 2/3 – 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup light canola or salad oil
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Open cans and drain. In a large mixing bowl, combine beans, onion, bell pepper, and celery. Mix well to combine.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine sugar, vinegar, and oil. Stir constantly until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat.
- Pour dressing over bean mixture. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hrs. This salad will keep for several days in the refrigerator, and tastes best the day after preparation.
You Might also Like