1 lb. lean stew meat
1 small onion (or dried minced onion)
1 can cream style corn
2 – 15 oz cans crushed tomatoes
2 – 8 oz cans tomato sauce
1 – 11.5 oz can tomato juice
3-4 potatoes, cut in cubes
1 can sliced carrots, drained
Large elbow macaroni – handful or two
Spices: salt, pepper, garlic powder, chili powder, cayenne pepper, sugar
- Brown stew meat and onion in 1-2 tablespoons of oil in a dutch oven. Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Add about 1/2 pot of water and cook on low for 1-2 hours.
- Add cream-style corn and cook another 15-20 minutes.
- Add tomato products. Season with salt, pepper, and sugar. Cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Add potatoes and carrots (and any other veggies you’d like) and cook until potatoes are almost done. Final seasoning with garlic, chili powder, cayenne pepper, and sugar – all to taste. (We are pepper people.)
- Boil 5 minutes or until macaroni is done. Serve with saltine crackers.