- 16 even-sized open cup mushrooms, stalks cut level
- 3 Tbs olive or coconut oil
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped very finely
- 2 Tbs fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 1/2 Tbs lemon juice
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Lightly fry the mushrooms, cap-side down, in hot oil for 20 seconds.
- Arrange the mushrooms in a shallow roasting tin with the stalks facing upwards.
- Mix together the butter, garlic, thyme, lemon juice, and seasoning.
- Spoon a little garlic butter onto each mushroom, then lightly press the breadcrumbs on top.
- Cook immediately in the oven for 10 minutes, or refrigerate for later use.
You Might also Like