Mushrooms and Spinach Italian Style
- 4 Tbs olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 14 oz fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 10 oz clean fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- 2 Tbs balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup white wine
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Saute onion and garlic in the oil until they start to become tender.
- Add the mushrooms and fry until they begin to shrink, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Toss in the spinach and fry, stirring constantly for a few minutes, or until spinach is wilted.
- Add the vinegar, stirring constantly until it is absorbed, then stir in the white wine.
- Reduce heat to low, and simmer until the wine has almost completely absorbed.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, and sprinkle with fresh parsley. Serve hot.
You Might also Like