• 3 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 Tbs baking powder
• 1 tsp cinnamon
• 3/4 cup white sugar
• 1 egg
• 1 cup apple cider
• 1/3 cup vegetable oil
• 1 apple, peeled, cored and chopped
• 1 (28 oz) jar prepared mincemeat
• 3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
• 1/4 tsp cinnamon
• 1 Tbs apple cider, or as needed
1. Preheat an oven to 400 degrees. Line 18 muffin cups with paper liners; set aside.
2. In a large bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and white sugar, mixing until thoroughly blended.
3. In another bowl, whisk together the egg, 1 cup of apple cider, and vegetable oil. Stir in the apple and mincemeat. Pour the mincemeat mixture into the flour mixture and stir until just combined.
4. Fill the lined muffin cups 3/4 full, and bake in the preheated oven until the muffins are risen and browned, and a toothpick inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Let cool for about 10 minutes.
5. Make a glaze by stirring together the confectioners’ sugar, 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon, and about 1 tablespoon of apple cider, or a little more as needed to make the glaze workable. Spread the glaze on the warm muffins.