- 2 large chicken breasts
- 1 can crescent rolls
- 1 10.5 oz. can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 soup can of broth (use what the chicken cooked in)
- 1/2 soup can milk
- 1 Tbs all purpose flour
- 6 oz. shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Place the chicken in a pot and cover with water; bring to a boil; reduce the heat to medium and cook till chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken (save broth).
- When cooled enough to handle, remove the chicken from the bone and shred; set aside.
- Whisk together the soup, broth, milk, flour, salt, and pepper.
- Unroll the crescent dough and separate into the triangles.
- Place a little cheese over the dough; at the larger end, place a good heaping of the chicken.
- Roll up and place in a 9×13 casserole dish.
- Repeat with remaining.
- Once all are in the dish, pour the soup mix around each one and then drizzle a little over the tops (not too much).
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 25 minutes; remove and top with a little more cheese and return to the oven for 5 minutes.
- Let sit for a couple of minutes before serving,;the soup mixture will thicken up like a gravy.