Green Salad with Apples and Toasted Walnuts
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces
- 2 Granny Smith or other tart apples, cored, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 Tbs Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbs minced shallot
- 1 tsp sugar
- salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Spread walnut pieces on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake walnuts for 5 to 8 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes, until just toasted. Pour into a bowl to cool.
- Place apples in a bowl and toss with 1 Tbs vinegar.
- In a small bowl, whisk together remaining vinegar, mustard, shallot and sugar; season with salt and pepper.
- Whisking constantly, drizzle in olive oil and continue to whisk until smoothly blended.
- Place salad greens, apples and walnuts in a large bowl. Toss with dressing just before serving.
You Might also Like