1 lb ground beef
1 onion, chopped
1 (10.75 oz) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
¾cup sour cream
1 (15 oz) can green beans, drained and liquid reserved, divided
1 pkg processed cheese, sliced
1 lb frozen bite-sized potato nuggets
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir ground beef in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain grease. Add onion and cook until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine condensed soup, sour cream, and green bean liquid in a small bowl. Set sauce aside.
- Add green beans to the cooked beef and onions; mix to combine and transfer to a casserole dish. Top with sliced cheese and cover with frozen potato nuggets. Pour sauce over top.
- Bake in the preheated oven potatoes are browned and sauce is bubbly, about 1 hour.