1 pkg skewers
½ cup maple syrup
½ cup lime juice
6 cloves garlic, minced, or more to taste
4 tsp ketchup
4 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp red pepper flakes
1 lb cubed beef stew meat
1 (8 oz) pkg whole mushrooms
1 onion, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 yellow squash, chopped
1 zucchini, chopped
- Whisk maple syrup, lime juice, garlic, ketchup, soy sauce, and red pepper flakes together in a bowl until marinade is smooth.
- Place beef in a bowl; pour in the marinade and stir to coat. Marinate beef in the refrigerator, at least 3 hours. (Optional to also marinate mushrooms.)
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate. Soak skewers in water for at least 10 minutes.
- Thread beef, mushrooms, onion, green bell pepper, squash, and zucchini onto skewers.
- Cook kabobs on the preheated grill until vegetables are tender and beef is cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes per side.