- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1/2 cup sliced onions
- Kosher salt
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tsp grated Parmesan
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Melba toasts, baguette toasts or celery sticks, for serving
- Heat 1 Tbs oil in a medium skillet over medium-low heat. Add the onions and 1/2 tsp salt, and cook until soft and just starting to brown, about 4 minutes.
- Add the corn, and cook, stirring, until heated through and starting to turn golden, about 3 minutes.
- Add the remaining 1 Tbs oil and the garlic, and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Set aside 1/2 cup of the vegetable mixture. Transfer the rest to a food processor, add 1/4 cup water and process until mostly creamy with a little texture.
- In a medium bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, parsley, Parmesan, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper.
- Add the pureed vegetables and the reserved mixture, and stir to combine.
- Refrigerate, covered, for at least 1 hour up to 3 days before serving. Serve chilled, with dippers.
You Might also Like