- 1 stick butter
- 3 rounded Tbs flour
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 (1lb) bag crawfish tails, thawed
- 1 cup water (may need more)
- 1-2 Tbs tomato paste
- 3-4 green onions, thinly sliced
- Few dashes of Louisiana Hot Sauce
- salt & pepper
- Tony’s Creole Seasoning
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- First, make a roux. Melt butter in a large iron skillet over medium heat. Using a wooden spoon, stir in the flour for several minutes until medium brown in color.
- Lower the heat slightly; add the onion, bell pepper, & celery and saute until they begin to soften.
- Add crawfish tails, water, tomato paste, green onions, & seasonings to suit your taste.
- Lower the heat and gently simmer for about 30 mins, adding a little more water, if needed, to thin it out.
- Serve over rice.
You Might also Like