- 2 1/2 lbs potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 4 slices bacon
- 1/2 small head cabbage, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Place potatoes in a saucepan with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, until tender.
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, reserving drippings, crumble and set aside.
- In the reserved drippings, saute the cabbage and onion until soft and translucent. Putting a lid on the pan helps the vegetables cook faster.
- Drain the cooked potatoes, mash with milk and season with salt and pepper.
- Fold in the bacon, cabbage, and onions, then transfer the mixture to a large serving bowl. Make a well in the center, and pour in the melted butter.
You Might also Like