Chicken Fried Rice with Vegetables
- 1/2 (12 oz) chicken breast, chopped
- 2 Tbs soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 (10 oz.) pkg frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 4 cups cooked white rice
- 3 eggs
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- In a medium bowl, toss chicken with soy sauce and sesame oil. Cover and marinate at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and marinade and stir-fry until chicken is cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer chicken to a plate; set aside.
- Add vegetable oil to skillet and heat over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 3 minutes. Stir in vegetables and cook for 1 minute.
- Increase heat to medium-high; stir in rice until incorporated and cooked through, 3 minutes.
- Using a wooden spoon, form a well in mixture. Add eggs and scramble within well just until soft. Then break apart and mix into rice; season with salt and pepper.
- Let cook undisturbed until a golden crust forms, about 1 minute. Turn rice with a spatula and cook other side. Repeat 2 or 3 times until rice is uniformly golden.
- Add chicken and stir to combine.
- Serve warm.
You Might also Like