- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- food coloring (optional)
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, salt, and cardamom; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- Divide the dough and place the favorite colors.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out to 1/4-in. thickness.
- Cut with a 2-1/2-in. round cookie cutter dipped in flour.
- Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- With the top of a 1/4-cup measuring cup dipped in flour, press an indented edge into each cookie. Using a plastic straw, cut out four holes near the center of the cookie.
- Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Yield: about 3 dozen
You Might also Like