Bacon Asparagus Pastry Twists
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 6-8 slices bacon
- 12-15 asparagus spears
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C.
- Slice the puff pastry into 1-centimeter strips.
- Slice the bacon in half lengthwise into thin strips.
- Wrap a strip of bacon around an asparagus spear in a spiral.
- Wrap a strip of puff pastry around the asparagus, looping it in between the bacon spiral.
- Repeat with the rest of the asparagus.
- Place the wrapped spears on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Brush them with egg wash, then sprinkle a pinch of salt & pepper on top.
- Bake for 18 minutes, until golden brown and puffed.
You Might also Like