- 4 racks of baby back pork ribs
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 cup white vinegar
- ½ cup tomato paste
- 1 Tbs yellow mustard
- 2/3 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1tsp hickory flavoring liquid smoke
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp paprika
- Make the BBQ sauce by combining all ingredients for the sauce in a saucepan over medium heat.
- When it comes to a boil, reduce heat and simmer the sauce, stirring often, for 45-60 minutes or until sauce is thick.
- When you are ready to make the ribs, preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- Brush sauce over the entire surface of each rack of ribs.
- Wrap each rack tightly in foil and arrange the packets on a baking sheet with the seam of the foil facing up.
- Bake for 2 to 2 ½ hours or until the meat on the ribs has pulled back from the cut ends of the bones by about 1 inch.
- When the ribs are almost done, preheat your BBQ grill to medium heat.
- Remove the ribs from the foil and grill them for 4-8 minutes per side or until the surface of the ribs are beginning to char.
- Brush sauce on both sides of the ribs before you remove them from the grill.
- Don’t brush the sauce on too soon, or they will burn.
- Serve with extra sauce.
You Might also Like