- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 (4 oz) packages crumbled blue cheese
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Mix ground beef, red pepper, garlic, salt, and pepper in a large mixing bowl; divide and form into 16 patties.
- Place 1 ounce blue cheese in the center atop each of 8 of the patties. Top each cheese-topped patty with an unadorned patty, pressing the sides together so the cheese doesn’t fall out.
- Cook on the preheated grill until the burgers are cooked to your desired degree of doneness, 7 to 10 minutes per side for well done. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the meat should read 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).