- 1 cup heavy cream
- 16 oz mascarpone cheese
- 5 cups frozen strawberries, thawed
- 1¼ cups frozen blueberries, thawed
- 1 (9 inch) angel food cake,
cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 (4 oz) bar dark chocolate
- In a large bowl, whip cream until stiff peaks form. Fold the mascarpone gently into the whipped cream, until well incorporated. Set aside.
- Place half of the strawberries into the blender pitcher. Blend until smooth. Mix the remaining whole berries with the pureed strawberries in a large bowl.
- Layer ⅓ of the angel food cake cubes in the bottom of a trifle or serving dish. Cover with ⅓ of the strawberries and blueberries and gently spoon ⅓ of the cream mixture over the fruit. Repeat the layers twice, ending with the cream mixture. Chill until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, run a vegetable peeler over the edge of the dark chocolate bar, letting the curls fall onto the top of the dessert.