- 1 cup (or 1 stick) vegetable shortening
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Combine shortening, peanut butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar in bowl of electric mixer; beat at medium speed until well blended. Gradually add eggs and vanilla, beating well.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and baking soda in medium bowl. Add to shortening mixture, beating at low speed until blended. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheets. Place on cooling racks to cool completely.