From the Kitchen of Tonie Sikes
- Baby carrots
- Broccoli florets, cut in half
- Squash, peeled and cut into rounds about 1 inch thick
- Red onion, peeled and cut in wedges
- Heat iron skillet until HOT.
- Add just enough olive oil to cover bottom.
- Carefully put in baby carrots. Cook for 7 minutes.
- Add broccoli, squash and red onion along with about ½ teaspoon sea salt.
- Stir together to combine. I use a wooden spoon. You can use what you have.
- Cook about 12 minutes longer or until vegetables are bright and tender stirring occasionally.
- If you feel the need for meat, you may add some cut up link sausage when you add the broccoli, squash and onion.
- The amount of vegetables used is determined by how many you will be cooking for.
- Make sure your iron skillet is large enough for the quantity of vegetables being cooked.
- There will be some charring; that’s the good part.
- You can use different veggies, just make sure you start cooking the ones that are going to take longer first.