- 3 large ears fresh corn, husked
- ¼ cup plus 2 Tbs olive oil
- 2 cups fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 Tbs lime juice
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups mixed greens
- ¼ cup red onion, thinly sliced
- Rub corn with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and season to taste with salt. Grill or broil for 15-16 minutes until brown and slightly charred. While it cooks, prepare the pesto.
- In a food processor or blender, blend cilantro, lime juice, cheese and salt and pepper to taste. With the motor running, slowly pour in the remaining olive oil. If the pesto is too thick, add a couple tablespoons of water to reach the desired consistency.
- Remove corn from heat and allow to cool.
- Scrape kernels into a large bowl along with mixed greens and red onion using a knife.
- Pour pesto over the corn and greens mixture and toss to coat.
- Serve immediately.